Hey, so it’s been a hot second. Instead of my normal, super-long blog post, I’m just going to update you lightening-round-style. Ready? OKAY! Let’s do this!
- I had to let my snails go back into the wild. But I was glad to have one of my best friends go out snail hunting with me. She was such a trooper, going out in the drizzle/rain and poking under pots at our local nursery. I’m glad to have been able to spend some time with her, even if I was unable to keep my little snail buddies.
- My plants have taken over the Molluskatonic University brownstone facade I made for my snails. So at least nothing is going to waste.
- STAR MOTHER bloomed! SHE WILL CONSUME THE WORLD!
- I.T. Friend and I are doing a, sort of, short story challenge where we send each other prompts each week and then send each other the completed short stories (12 pages max) each week.
- I’m still bad at roller skating cause I haven’t been practicing (due to a health issue). But I feel much better now so no excuses now.
- I will be starting a new podcast. It’s either going to be “The Introvert Friend Party” Podcast or “Just Add Ninjas” a writing podcast. That content will replace my long weekly blogs. Instead, I’ll just be posting the audio for the podcast. I often just drop projects but this time around, I’ve already bought some extra lav mics so… Money is now involved. Speaking of which…
- I was doing great with my “Not going to spend any extra money” in June until I bought the lav mics. In my defense, that has to do with a project and isn’t just, like, something I won’t use. Does that count? *sigh* I think I failed my June challenge.
- I think I have adult-onset ADHD which is one of the reasons why…
- I started a bujo again. YAY!
- I deleted the Facebook and Twitter apps off my phone and… It. Feels. Amazing.
- My July challenge is to successfully complete Camp NaNoWriMo and I am STOKED. It’s been a while since I was this excited about a NaNo event. Maybe it was because I was so drained last November. Maybe it’s because I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders since I stepped down as ML.
- I got another succulent. Meet Lizzy.
- I got a promotion with one of my clients. That means I can focus on that I don’t have to look for supplementary contracts to pad my paydays. That also means I can really focus my spare time on my own personal writing/podcasting projects. WOOO!
- I’ve been spending a lot of time watching and attending AuthorTube Livestream write-ins lately and it’s really boosted my enthusiasm for writing.
- Finishing a short story for my critique group has also helped boost my enthusiasm.
- I got in a tiff with a local author on my FB about one of my FB posts. Oops.
- I’m really excited about my CAMP NANO PROJECT.
So much has happened in the two weeks between posts. With the new audio format for “blogging”, things are going to get shaken up here on the website.
In the meantime, be kind to each other and read up.